– We’re literally just like herbivores for a week. Is that what this is? (energetic rock music) – My diet’s not very good right now. I eat a lot of Taco Bell. – I feel weighed down and tired and I just wanna get more energetic. – I just eat cookies and things that have tons of sugar in them. Because of that, I feel like crap. – Honestly, I want to see if I can do this long term ’cause I think this is the healthiest diet on the planet. – I’m Jason Wrobel, I’m a celebrity vegan and raw food chef and author of the book Eaternity. There are tremendous physical and mental benefits to choosing a raw vegan lifestyle, and that’s partially because the food that you’re eating, there’s a ton of minerals and enzymes and vitamins and proteins, amino acids, antioxidants. – What is 118 degrees? – How am I gonna keep track of that? – I mean, I try to do that anyway. – That sounds expensive.
– Oh, we can eat animals? – Does sashimi count? (upbeat music) – Let’s check out my lunch. – I personally recommend experimenting with a lot of different raw vegan foods to see what combination and amount works best for you. – So, I’m on this raw diet. – Yeah. – And I’ve eaten six bananas. – Jesus Christ. – Why are you eating so many bananas? – ‘Cause I’m on a raw diet and I don’t know what else to eat.
– My stomach is full but my brain wants something cooked. – And its important to dial into the foods that make you feel best. – I can’t stop thinking about the pizza rolls that are in my freezer. – Pie, pie. More pies. Pie. People enjoying pies. – Variety is the key. Nutrient density is the key. – I’ve just been eating bananas and apples and cashews and nuts. I’m on my way to go grab some sushi.
– Yeah, I think I’m gonna just do this every day. – Okay, this is really amazing, this is crazy good. Raw pad Thai. – So this is the raw foods aisle. – I just paid like $10 for this fucking wrap. – Today’s gonna be a day of torture. My friends are gonna be eating a ton of food and I’m just gonna watch them. All right, the only thing I can eat. Oh wait, I almost put it in that ranch.
– Lunch was 10 oranges, like Cutie oranges. Every time I expended energy in any way, I needed to eat again ’cause it was just rushing through me. – These are vegetables, right? – I feel weak. – Honestly, I feel really physically weak. Everything, literally everything’s either cooked, processed, It’s so annoying. So annoying. (funky dance music) – I’m here today to make chocolate avocado pudding all raw, all vegan, super creamy. Grab the hemp seeds, we’re gonna throw those bad boys in. Go ahead and take the spring water and add one cup to the blender. Throw it in the hatch. Yeah, high tech, baby. – Whoa. – It’s so smooth. – High tech. – Well, here’s the thing, I don’t like preparing food. – By and large there’s not a ton of convenient raw options so you do have to get good at preparing your own food. – When was the last time you went to McDonald’s? – 1996. – Oh my lord. – So, we got our base ready and let’s go ahead and add the rest of our ingredients.
A half cup of our cacao powder. Grab the coconut nectar and we’re gonna add a half cup. Grab the vanilla extract right there, and we’re gonna add a half a teaspoon of that. Next we’re gonna throw in some extra virgin coconut oil. – This is like, thick, this is like, I mean– – If I had a dollar for every time I heard that. (laughs) – We gotta throw a pinch of salt in there. Then we’re gonna do two avos in this recipe. (mixer whirs) – Whoa. – Whoa. – And let’s check the consistency. – You would think that this is– – Straight up like jello pudding, right? – Yeah, I mean its incredible, look at that. – It’s so fluffy, oh my gosh – Wow, okay. – It tastes really rich, it’s fluffy but it’s dense – Mm-hmm.
– I ate like 20 bananas in this past week. How do people maintain this lifestyle and are like, happy about it? – So one of the ways that I thrived for years on a fully raw diet was just a lot of variety. I know this is much to your chagrin, but actually making food at home is kind of something you can’t get around if you’re gonna be fully raw, you know? – Thank you so much. – It’s my pleasure, enjoy. Thanks, ladies. – Thank you. – I lost three pounds. – So my skin actually got a lot better. It cleared up a lot. – I disciplined myself so much during the week that I don’t really wanna give it up. – I think maybe in the future if I have more time and more money, I might revisit raw. – It made me think about what I was putting in my body. I think I could have liked it if I was better at preparing food.
– I have a huge respect for people that are raw ’cause I think it’s really hard. (laughs) – I’ll probably implement more raw foods into my diet. – But I’m done with this, I’m out! – I don’t think you should eat another ba, how many bananas do you have? Stop it! (thud) .